John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Saturday, April 30, 2011

March for Dimes

We had our march today and thanks to so many of you, it was a great success!! We raised almost fifteen hundred dollars for research and awareness programs. Thanks to you, more babies just like our little Emily Grace will have the opportunity to live successful lives.  Boy, does that sound like a line?  I really mean it.  :)


That is the hat we ordered. It says her name and her weight (1 pound, 6 ounces) on the back and Family Team on the front. These are the family and friends who showed up for the walk...in the intense wind!


Just the four of us...the girls are super happy, can you tell? :-)


Nana and Poppy...


I purposely got this pic, even though the colors are off, because...


I wanted to re-post this pic. This was last year. I can't believe we took her out as she was just one month out of the hospital!


She couldn't see yet as her first glasses were in the mail. Oh, we got her new glasses last week and the change is dramatic! I am getting comments like, "She's actually looking at me, isn't she?  Did you get the new glasses?"


Anyway, this is us waiting in line to start. Yes, when you live in a large city, they can't shut down streets, so they can't release us all at once, so we had to wait in line to start. :)


And we are off...


And repairing flat tires.


We traded the kids in the strollers so these two could talk...


...and so could these two. They actually speak the same language and it is funny to listen to (he will turn one in June).


We stopped at the park to go to the bathroom...I got in late on this pic. J's is cute! I got there and Em was on her way out.


The rose garden.


A and his daughter and K heading over to check out the lake.


And this is the way all good things should end when you are two. So much better than a tantrum!!


Just thought I'd show you the back of the shirts we wore. It was fun to see people wandering around with shirts on that tell a story about our little girl.


She is doing VERY well with her eating!! If there was a way to say something more drastic than a 180 degree turn around, I would use it. She eats everything...all the time...and even tolerates her bottle now that it isn't her main source of food. I am glad to not fight over food but it is ridiculous to clean up after her...she is still not good at it. Most of it still comes back out of her mouth, but I just pick it all off her lap and put it back on the tray and let her try again.

I can't thank you all enough for the many donations and for all the people who took their day to come walk with us! I will send out thank you's on Monday, so look for them soon. God Bless!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Been catching up on your posts. Sorry we missed the walk - what a great group! We've been doing a lot of planting here lately - could sure use K's help! :-)

Miss you! M&G

Anonymous said...

felt bummned to miss the walk. had to work!! but i was there in spirit. glad it all worked out so well. looks like fun. maybe next year. love ya all penny

doug&margarethe said...

So glad to see the pics of your walk, the kyds, and even the t-shirt telling Em's story! The one of Em and her buddy "talking" to each other in the stroller is great!