John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Emily is One Year Adjusted

Here is our cutie. She is doing well. She has been healthy since she kicked that cold and popped tooth number four through...so no stomach flu, just teeth. We are going to have a problem if she throws up for a week and loses weight for every tooth (and if she continues to only produce one at a time), but she is in God's hands, so I guess there is nothing we can do but leave it there.


I read these verses from Isaiah 43 in my devotional yesterday and thought of Emily. I was greatly comforted and encouraged and sat thanking and praising God for His power and providence.

"But now, thus says the Lord, who created you, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel. Fear not for I have redeemed you; I have called you by your name; You are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; And through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch you. For I am the Lord your God. The Holy One of Israel, your Savior;


...Since you were precious in my sight, you have been honored and I have loved you;


...Everyone who is called by My name, whom I have created for My glory; I have formed him, yes I have made him.


...Therefore, you are my witnesses, says the Lord, that I am God.


...Do not remember the former things, nor consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing. Now it shall spring forth; shall you not know it?


...I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. The beasts of the field will honor me, the jackals and the ostriches. Because I give waters in the wilderness and rivers in the desert.


To give drink to my people, my chosen, these people I have formed for myself. They shall declare my praise".


Praise God! He has blessed us so abundantly!

No comments: