Well, our biggest little girl has finally made it to the fabled two year mark! And boy are we there! In perfect fashion, she got up this morning and told me "nee meh-i-sin" (she needed medicine). This was new, so I asked her why she needed medicine. In proper form, without listening at all, she promptly cried and screamed as if I just told her the worst news in the world. This carried on until her time out was over.
Finally calm, I again asked her why she wanted medicine and got her to "use her big girl words". She looked me straight in the eyes and said "Owie", opened her mouth wide, pointed into her mouth and even let me take a look. Two year molars on the button? Really? I gave her medicine but I just don't understand why she can't just do that the first time I ask!! Naturally, she was a pill for us all day...oh, but a super cute pill!! :)
For us, the 'terrible twos' started just before Christmas, which was horrible timing since we were headed to visit both sides of the family and instead of having a plan for discipline, we were caught in shock at the type of behavior our sweet little girl was displaying. Now we are home and the battle has begun. Sadly for her, she has two parents who are both significantly more stubborn than she will ever be.
This morning, I caught her saying "I kean" (I clean) and when I looked, I realized she was wiping the ottoman with a diaper and thought it was too cute to pass up for a photo.
When I asked her Father to describe her, here is what he said, "When she is NOT in her terrible two's, she has a gentle spirit, a quick smile, a tender heart and an intuitive mind."
Hugging the 'W'.
Her cheesy smile...
From my point of view, our little girl is a total sweet-heart with a very sweet personality. She is bright and already knows all her capital letters and some of her numbers. She likes to color and loves stickers. She likes to help me clean, do laundry, and cook. She climbs on everything but also has a very intense sense of caution so I can trust her to climb carefully and still ask for help when she gets scared. She has great balance and is tiny for her age, so I want to get her into gymnastics as soon as possible.
She is also obsessive and 'tactile-phobic' (I know this cause her sister was supposed to be tactile-phobic, clearly is not, but it sure explains a LOT about K). Ironically, all the physical and occupational therapists that come over for Em always seem more interested in K. :) She is obsessed with the letter 'W', so don't be surprised if you see it appear on her birthday cake this weekend. She loves the TV show 'Super Why' and gives the BEST hugs in the whole world!!!
Here's to our little girl. The sweetest sweet-heart in the whole world!
2 comments:
Happy 2nd Birthday, Kylee! love your smiles and sweetness! Hope to see you on the weekend!
Love & hugs,G-auntie M
Sorry I mispelled your name, Kylie!
Post a Comment