Yeah, you know those days...well, I am having one so before anything else happens and I smash my head into a wall, I decided to sit down, eat popcorn, drink chocolate milk and at least update the blog.
April left a couple days ago, but I still have some pics of her time here...I FINALLY found a playhouse for super duper cheap. I have been looking for one for almost a year, so when I found this one, I had to get it, despite the fact that April was here. She was a good sport though and even helped me scrub it down (not an easy feat on something this size).
K has been thrilled to have her own "payhouse" and it couldn't have come at a better time. With two weeks of rain in the forecast, she needed something new to play with. On this day, she insisted on wearing her 'toe shoes' even though she had tights on.
This isn't the best picture but it is the only one that shows a little more of her house, so I thought I would include it.
Grandma sent a swing to help out as well and K likes to ride with monkey.
I had them dressed up for church sat night so I decided to try for a couple of pics. They aren't great, but good enough to share. The downside to your kids being too close in size? You certainly can't do the 'sit in the lap' picture.
I asked K to hold Em's hand, so that is what she is trying to do.
I call this 'goofy faces'.
This cutie is definitely teething, with no teeth to show for it.
Ok, seriously, just as a teaser to the greatness of my day: It started awesome. I got the nursery and playroom rearranged and cleaned, food made five times, cleaned the bathroom and I still had two happy girls. It was going so well, I decided to push my luck...naturally. I spent the two hours I have M home on a run to return an item, pick up our Christmas cards, buy ink for the printer, and buy more formula...on a Sunday. That was not fun. But, it was still going great.
And then...and then...M went to work. I went to make milk for Em and realized I had forgotten the formula. Lots of solids tonight since she hates the pre-made stuff I have. I sat down to do the Christmas cards and spent the next hour looking for our address book...still don't know where it is. But, no worries, right? I can get other stuff done. So I decided it was a good time to clean an outdoor toy I wanted to bring in for a while and as I did this, I heard Emily cry, moved too fast, banged the faucet in the bath and knocked it right off...yes, broke it completely off. The toy is in the now dirty bathroom (why did I clean it?) in the tub without a faucet.
I took a deep breath, called M to make sure I didn't have to turn the water off and moved on. I made food for my kids that they didn't eat. Emily refused her bottle and her bed. She is usually in bed by 6:15pm and was still up crying at 8pm. K has a HUGE rash on her bum...the allergy kind...and she just keeps saying, "Owee bum. Owee, bum." in a nice whining voice that makes you sad and irritated all at the same time. I have no idea what she ate that did that but I think we are missing an allergy. We get to start that search again...it might also be diapers all together (we are on our fourth brand). Anyway, I am sure I forgot something, cause I feel way more annoyed than it seems I should be for all that. Anyway, I am about to go clean the master bathroom...if you don't hear from me again, it has been great conversing with you all!
1 comment:
Poopy days.... grrrrrr.... just think what a difference a year has made and imagine where you will be in December 2011!!! First you'll have some great family near by... he he he.. then Em will have a mouthful of teeth and be able to eat so much and hopefully drink from a sippy cup and Kylie will be cracking you up with the things she can say! Wish we could hang out today.
Post a Comment