John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Emily's Birthday

Well, my parents are here, so we went in to Grandma and Grandpa E's yesterday to celebrate Emily's birthday.  We started with a time to just pray for Emily and thank God for His miracles and provision over the past year.  Then we took some pics and had a 'normal' birthday party.  I can't tell you in words how wonderful this day was for me.  Finally just honoring God and celebrating Emily's life.  It was perfect.  So, off to the pics. 

This is Emily's cake that I made...well, the hat and bow on the foil were made by my mother. Anyway, I am kind of proud of my little cake this time so I had to show it off.


Where's Waldo? She's in there somewhere...



Blowing out the candle.


Eating cake...okay, just grabbing it.  She doesn't eat anything except puree at this point.


She thought the balloons were hilarious!!  We have video of her laughing throughout this and I will post it as soon as we edit it.


Opening presents.


Look at her face...she was very much not sure about this bouncing cube.  :)


The plastic food, however, was a big hit.  If only we could find a way to make her food taste like plastic, maybe we could get her to eat after all.


We also took some family photos...






I have to tell you about this music box.  There is a teacher in the East Bay who knows my parents and has been following the blog since Emily was born.  She teaches first grade at a catholic school and last year, she and her class prayed for Emily every day.  Now she has a new class that she is praying for her this year.  Anyway, she sent us this music box with a large stack of photos and notes from the kids, letting Emily know they had been praying for her and were glad she was a little miracle.  Ironically, the box plays Amazing Grace, which just so happens to be the very song I sing to Emily when she is upset and it calms her down every time.  This precious gift will be in Emily's room as long as I am her Mom.  Thanks Milli!




What an awesome day of prayer and celebration!

Onward and upward...to teething?  We think so...

2 comments:

doug&margarethe said...

Thanks for an amazing birthday post! Tears of joy flooded my eyes! Love the family photos too!
As to the plastic food..maybe it feels good on her gums if she is teething??!!

Anonymous said...

That is awesome thank you so much! It brought tears to my eyes... I can't wait to read your blog to the kids, they will love it. You family is truly amazing! As always, you all are in our prayers and thoughts daily!

Happy Birthday Emily Grace! You truly are a gift from God!

Love

Milli