John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Monday, October 18, 2010

More Randomness

If you have ever wondered, this is what a hungry baby does when they have been banished from the kitchen. Looks like a nature video: "Waiting for her bottle, the hungry human child turns to chewing on the wooden gate that now prevents her from reaching her mother."

Em is now pulling herself up onto things and even starting to transfer. What does that really mean? Lots of fussing and angry sounds as she stands but is still too scared to bend her knees to get down. I think I have now shown her about one million, two hundred thousand times how to get down but apparently bending your knees is a very complicated lesson to learn.

K on the other hand is in a stage where she just melts my heart.  I just want to hug and kiss her all day long. When I watch her, I know she was made perfectly to be Em's big sister and our oldest daughter.  She is SO gentle and has been from the very beginning. When Em finishes a bottle, she climbs up on my lap and says, "goo (good) gah (girl) mama (her name for Emily)" and then claps for her.

She is finally in the stage where she will try to repeat what I say and it cracks me up. I can understand most things she says...but I may be the only person on the entire planet who can. I mean, how many people know that a "doo-dah" is a truck? :) Her language is so adorable to me! For example, she calls a matchbox car, "baby cah (car)", peas are "baby galls (balls)" and when em cries, she says, "sah (sad) mama". Last week, I wanted to teach her to say please without just repeating what I say so I told her to 'say it nice' so now she walks up to me and says, "nice" before making her request. "Mommy, mold (hold) me. Nice!" is her favorite sentence.

My favorite thing she does is take my grocery list or a recipe and start pointing at the page and very seriously gibbering a million words, and then looking up at me like she is reading it to me and I am totally supposed to understand.



This was so cute until the moment K realized that Em was actually using her chair to stand...

Em trying out her new headband at Poppy E's house.
Oh the deep conversations these two have.

NaNa and her two grand-daughters.

Helping NaNa make supper.

They have broken Dad's heart all year, but let's hope the last game was a better indication of things to come.
Why do I have a pic of a spider?  Look at him?  I went to clean K's slide and bring it in for the winter and he was there.  I, being who I am, took pictures, googled pics of spiders and identified this one as a harmless jumping spider.  But look at him!  Doesn't he look creepy?  So I still waited for M to get home to finish the job for me.  I have turned into such a sissy!

1 comment:

doug&margarethe said...

The cutest little girls!! My, they grow up fast.
As to spiders--not my favorite either..maybe because they often come crawling and scare me that they are there!