Well, she looks the same to me as the past several months, but Emily Grace is 8 months adjusted so we took some cute little pics!
This is not the cutest picture, but I included it because my heart leaps for joy and my eyes tear up any time I see her looking super intently at something. I don't know if the miracle of her sight will ever fall to the background, but I hope not. Every morning when she gets up, she stares, bug eyed around and holding on to me with super-girl grip, with her face right next to mine. Then I locate her glasses, put them on and she shakes her head like, "Whoa! What is all that?", starts staring at each thing individually and suddenly the hand grip turns into a shove and she is off to play with all her toys. I kid you not, I tear up every morning. She was supposed to be blind and God gave her sight. Praise the Lord who gives sight to the blind!
Ummm, okay, Emily...she is crawling, pulling up to a stand, transferring from one object to another, oh, and finally sitting on her own long enough to take a bath without me holding on to her. Her gross motor skills (those listed) and visual/cognitive are doing awesome...miraculously!! She is way ahead of schedule and working hard to walk long before they ever said she would (18mo - 2yr adjusted age).
Everything else is just about as far behind as they predicted but it just doesn't bother me. She will learn to eat some day, and when she does, she will learn to pick up small objects with her fingers and all the other things she needs to learn. I think we can cut her a little slack. :)
For those praying for my brother-in-law, he is still in ICU. Medically, the tests are not showing any improvement yet, but he is sitting up more, talking and trying to eat, so something is working right. Please keep him in your prayers as well as my sister and their two little girls.
God Bless!



1 comment:
Such precious and amazing photos of Emily Grace! The odds were so against her at birth but God has showed us miracle after miracle in these months since her birth!
Does she also have a front lower tooth?? unless a shine from saliva on several of the photos?
Give her a hug and love from this G-Auntie..also to her big sister.
Post a Comment