John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Friday, September 24, 2010

Ha!!

Check out this pic April just sent me from her cell phone from when we were out there in July! SOOOOO Cute! Oh, you too April :).


Emily had a weight check today and she is 13 pounds 3 ounces...we have broken into the thirteen pound weight group. What does that mean? Nothing. Well, she's still gaining weight and it is still not at the rate the drs want it, so by nothing, I meant nothing new.

Although...I HAVE spent the last two days sorting clothes. She has finally moved out of the 0-3 month clothes and into the 3-6 month clothes. And the result? She now SWIMS in her clothing and it looks like a don't know how to dress her. Her clothes were pulling off her shoulders because they were too short but she doesn't fit the new ones at all...can't win when you have a skinny baby.

I almost forgot yesterday to post my 'philosophy of life' observations. According to Emily, life reads a little like this: If I can see it, I must grab it. If I can grab it, it must go in my mouth. If I am bored with it, I will drop it and do anything I can to get to the next thing. Let me play and keep me fed and I am happy. Oh, okay, I'll just be happy anyway.

According to K (as a baby): If I can see it, that is good enough. Don't make me touch it and certainly do not try to put anything in my mouth. I will observe all things and when I am bored, I will cry until someone traverses that scary surface surrounding me and brings me something new. If I am being held, I am happy. Eating hurts, pooping hurts, teething hurts, oh just being alive hurts so take me out so others can hold me.

K just makes me laugh and Em just makes me smile. Gotta love those girls and they couldn't be more opposite if you tried!!

1 comment:

doug&margarethe said...

That's why children makes life interesting! Even if from the same family each one God created uniquely (think of you and your own siblings)! And He knows everything about us even when we lose a hair on our head! What an amazing God we have. And through it all HE loves us and cares about us!