John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Thursday, September 23, 2010

7 Months Adjusted and the BIG Two-Oh

Well, Emily Grace is 7 months adjusted today...



...which means that K hit the big Two-Oh (20 months) four days ago. I am SO excited to be on the verge of having a two year old. I know, four months to go, but I am just having more and more fun as K gets older, so I look forward to her continuing to grow up!





Let's see. Emily is not crawling in the traditional sense (on her hands and knees), but she gets everywhere she wants to go, so I call it 'crawling'. She does take about three 'steps' (hand movements) forward from her hands and knees but then she lunges and does the army crawl to wherever she needs to go.

She is also learning to stand next to a toy table, although I still sit behind her to catch her when she falls. Lastly, she is on the verge of sitting on her own. Right now, she will sit for several minutes on her own, but only if you are sitting next to her. She panics if she is alone and falls over.

Sorry this is my favorite pic and I can't figure out why it is only coming in rotated the wrong way.




Other than her eating issues, she is a VERY content baby. She entertains herself quite well and is generally happy and gets incredibly excited whenever you interact with her...huge smiles and sounds of glee. M and I always joke that if Em had been our first baby (minus all the preemie stuff), we would have thought this whole parenting thing was the easiest thing on the planet. Thankfully, we had K first, so we appreciate Em even more. :)

2 comments:

Jamie and Krista said...

These pictures are SO cute!

Bonnie Pruden said...

Just think of all the places you have had her already in the short time, and all the places and things you have done in your life time.
You still have a life time ahead of you. I would not have enough space to fill the challenges we had raising 5 kids when their Dad was injured when all five were still at home, never to be able to work again. I worked and there were many trials with their lives.
Here we are 75, I just had back surgery, Ernie has had a total of 22 surgeries over the years stemming from the accident, plus open heart.
We had very little help from anyone. We managed to raise our family and they are all very loving to us, so we must have done something right.
God has given us "One Day At A Time" There will be time to do all the things you want to do when Emily outgrows all this.
Life isn't easy.
God is in control.