John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Good with the Bad...

As always, it seems, I have good news and bad news. Emily is now 11 pounds, 12 ounces and 24 inches long. That means that she has squeaked her way onto the charts (adjusted age) for length. Yeah, not close on weight. :) She is also doing pretty well on her new diet. MUCH less throw up. The down side? She is constipated (we add one teaspoon of rice for each ounce of milk to her bottle). So she is crying a LOT more. She starts about the time M goes to work and goes until she can finally fall asleep...it is super sad but I am hoping it will be short lived as we get her onto more solids.

I have stopped using the apnea monitor because it hasn't gone off for apnea in four months and yet it goes off for low heart beat all the time, wakes me up, wakes Em up, and sometimes K. Plus she now manages to get herself all wrapped up in the cords and that just freaks me out. The other day it was wrapped around her chest and it was not hard to picture it two inches higher around her neck. So, I pulled the mommy trump card and eliminated it.

The eye dr also said her eyes are doing well and that the eye crossing is not to be worried about at this time. She passed all the tests to show that both eyes are focusing on their own and tracking on their own. She was even impressed with this because most babies her age don't pass the last test, visually impaired or not.

Next, our insurance has declined to cover the avastin (injections in her eyes that we went to Pasadena for). The specialist we went to did two rounds on her eyes before doing the second laser surgery on her eyes. Our insurance is saying that it was experimental and not necessary (I am SURE they would rather have liked to pay for a blind child). Anyway, we can fight it and I think we can win, but it is just frustrating...like we don't have enough going on in our lives, we would LOVE to spend hours on the phone with our insurance company...wait, that already sounds familiar.



2 comments:

doug&margarethe said...

She looks so happy and content here with her Daddy! Precious! wished I could come and hold her for you in the pms when she is crying. So sorry for her and you! Just remembering that awhile ago when she had some constipaion problems didn't you feed her even a little juice (watered down??) and that helped? Anyway, just trying to help. Sorry about that bill too. I totally agree with you as if you had so much time to be on the phone..
Praying for you. Miss you. Give the girls a hug from this G-Auntie.

Leppard said...

You DID it. I like this new blog set up. Much better background for showing off your pictures. You might want to go in and make the font larger as I am sure some might find it hard to read. I had to do that on mine. Love the pictures of the wee one smiling. She is just so adorable. Someone told me that they put on head phones with peaceful music when their baby was having evening melt downs. It helped relax her so she could help the baby relax a bit. Great job with the blog and keeping us all updated.