I can't believe how well our baby is doing. I can't believe how many tests she has to pass to come home. I can't believe how FAR she has come. Even if it takes us a little while longer, it's okay...we have endured this far, God will take us to the end. I know the journey has just begun, but praise the Lord, this leg of the trip will soon be over.
She passed her hearing test today. Tomorrow she has an MRI to look at her brain again. Tomorrow we also bring in her car seat to see if she can keep breathing while in it for a long period of time...I don't even know everything else she has to do but I will be sure to keep you updated as they tell me.
She could come home this week!
7 comments:
Praise God, this is an exciting report. Emily Grace is a miracle!
Yay! It sounds like at the rate she's going, she's going to be at your house before this weekend. Time to set up follow-up with your pediatrician! :-)
Wow! That is amazing! I can't imagine how you must be feeling. Sending up lots of prayers for you all.
Jessi
Yeah!!!! This is such great news! We have all sorts of "checklists" that must be completed before babies can go home, and it's so exciting to hear that you're on the final steps of the list! Yippee!!
Praise the Lord! Just think the family will soon be all together under the same roof! Praying Emily adjusts well, keeps gaining weight, & breathing well! We rejoice with you!
Micah and Becky ~ What a journey, and how gracious God's been to walk with you, one step at a time! We're so excited to hear that Miss Emily might be seeing her real home here before long. Wow, what are you going to do with all of your spare time, Becky, since you won't be making regular trips to the hospital? :-) I'm I'm thinking you'll probably find plenty of things to do...
Guess what...We're official grandparents now! Alexa Hope was born on Saturday, the 13th, at 11:59 PM!! The plan is to head to Oklahoma toward the end of the month...to help Christopher and Kelsey however we can (and to hold Alexa!).
We'll be praying that Emily can pass all of her tests SOON! Can't wait to hear you shout, "Emily's coming home!!!" :-) ~Karen~
Can't wait for the word that she's home! This is wonderful news.
Post a Comment