John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Waiting Still

Sorry I haven't written, but we really don't know much yet. The dr (who apparently is world renowned preemie retinal specialist) did not get to see her last night so I am headed in at 5pm for the consult and consent. Unless the eye has changed, they are planning to inject a drug directly into her eye. The drug is one that is used in cancer patients to arrest blood vessel development. I will know more and fill you in after the consult. She is doing well after the transport and is satting well. She is out of the incubator and seems to be enjoying that as well.

Everyone keeps asking me how we are doing...well, honestly, we are doing well. We accepted the fact that our daughter would likely be blind about four days ago and so when they said this dr was here and could see Emily, it was as if suddenly she had a second chance. I don't know if God is going to use him to heal her eyes, but the 'risk' we are taking doesn't seem too high to us...she was going to go blind without his help and now she has an outside chance of not being blind. That just seems great to me. The transition to a new place is always tiring but Chuck and Penny have been great and it has really seemed seamless this time around. Plus, there are bonuses to a new place...they aren't as stringent on the rules here and Grandma got to see Em for the first time ever. She even heard her cry when they changed her diaper. Please pray for me as I fight a cold and try to stay away from my daughter while taking care of all this. Thank you and I will update tonight as soon as I can.

3 comments:

Kari, RN said...

Great to talk with you earlier. We'll be praying that everything goes even better than we can imagine tonight!

I know it's hard being away from home as well, but let Penny pamper you while you're there. She's good at that!

doug&margarethe said...

You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers. As Kari said let C&P pamper you plus J&M when they can be with you..Sounds like K has several 'G-Pa's and G-Ma's' to watch her and enjoy too as you take off to be with EG. Praying for your health too. Talked with C&P earlier and C was trying to skype us as he had K in his lap!! We will have to try that tomorrow again.

nwiseman87 said...

Hey! Just wanted to say im glad to hear everything is going as smoothly as possible. I wanted you to know that i pray for you guys all the time. Multipule times a day. I just know that that little girl is going to amaze everyone! God has already done great things by providing the specialist for her! Im so happy to hear you are doing fairly well. We will be praying for your health as well. Tell lil K we said hi and Adey and i miss her and you!