John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Friday, January 08, 2010

No Lines

My baby is 34 weeks old today and for the first time in her 9 weeks, she is needle free!! Yes, they took her IVs out today. She even lost an ounce once they removed all the tape and lines running into her! It is not a guarantee since they switched all of her meds except one to oral. The one they couldn't switch is the one that helps her to pee. If she can't do it on her own, they will have to put the line back in, but we are giving it a shot.

Today I held her for almost two hours and she even spit up a little on me after she ate...awwww, I'm a mom of an infant...I smell like throw up. They are adding some fat and calories to my breast milk to help her gain weight faster but she is eating about an ounce every three hours. I even have to take milk INTO the hospital tomorrow for the first time in two months. She also has to continue eating or she will need the nutrients from the IV again.

Remember how I said I am trying to live every day in the moment? Well, this moment is good. I know that my child could have a ton of problems when she comes home, but right now, she is eating, pooping, breathing, gaining weight and generally doing well. She is too young to know what her problems may be, so for this brief interval, I am holding my baby and she is a healthy, normal infant. And I am cherishing these feelings and really enjoying it. I am going to stay here as long as I can before reality comes knocking.

My milk is working its way back up for those praying about that. Thank you!

2 comments:

Jim and Marilyn said...

Wonderful! Praise the Lord!

doug&margarethe said...

So happy for you and Emily! The Lord is good and His mercy endures forever. Praise Him.