John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Monday, January 04, 2010

Lactation

Em is doing really well. She is up to 8cc/3hrs of milk and they are increasing to 9cc tonight. This is great, not just cause it means she is eating and growing, but because my freezer is FULL of breast milk. Literally, we bought a chest freezer just to put breast milk in it and it is about two weeks from overflowing. This HUGE blessing is also why I am writing today too. My daily production has started falling off in the last 10 days and I am getting quite concerned. We are so close to her starting to try latching on and all that, we just need more time.

The lactation consultant told me I needed to get back in to see the dr as it may be linked to some lingering issues I am having from the surgery so I will do that ASAP. But in the mean time, we have access to the God of the Universe, the God of miracles and I was wondering if we could all just ask Him for a little more milk. I want to have a serious storage problem! :)

2 comments:

Katie said...

I'm a nursing mama and will totally still be praying for this. If you aren't already taking, I recommend Fenugreek to increase your milk supply. It works.

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I followed a link to your blog from that of a friend and feel a little funny posting since I don't know you, but anyway... I just wanted to encourage you to contact your local La Leche League leader to see if she has any additional advice for you. They can be such a huge help.

http://www.llli.org/webindex.html

May God bless your family and new little one.

-Katy