Sorry we didn't update...both M and I have gotten the cold Kylie has, so we have not been allowed into the hospital. The phone calls have been vague at best so all I really know is that she is back under her billy light, on two different drugs to reduce the excess fluids in her body (therefore her swelling), she 'desatted' less today than yesterday (desat is when the oxygen levels in her blood drop too low and they have to increase the amount coming through the vent) and her brain ultrasound was 'normal'. Since I don't know any better, we will at least take it that she is not doing worse than before.
Since everyone keeps asking about the PDA, I will try again. In the womb, blood runs from the baby's heart to the mom's heart (bypassing baby's lungs since they don't work). When a baby is born, a valve in that artery snaps shut and the baby runs its own blood by its own lungs. Emily's valve is not closed all the way. There are two solutions - drugs or surgery. The drugs can't be used on Emily because one of the side effects is hard on the bowels and since she is already having problems with her bowels (why she isn't eating yet), it is not even an option. Since she has so many other problems, they don't think she would do well having to go through surgery. Eventually, it will need to be fixed, but with all her issues, the time is not now. SO, unless it becomes a bigger issue and starts to cause more problems, it is on the back-burner.
Please pray for me as it is very hard for me not to be able to see her. I know she doesn't really know, but I feel like I am leaving her all alone to fight her problems by herself...as a mother, just leaving her there every day kills me, much less not even going in to visit her.
6 comments:
My dear Becky,
So sorry for all that you are going through. April let me know and I have been praying for you all and will continue to do so. Thanks for the update. Love you guys very much!
Love,
Carolyn
Sorry you got that cold. Concentrate on your health so you can get back to her as you choose.. giving her back to God to care for her and to heal her is part of a mother's love too. Also praying for her healthcare givers. I haven't stopped praying or thinking of you. Wondering how the last 2 nights went for you.
Much love and prayers, Margarethe
Thanks so much for continuing to update as I am sure sometimes it is the last thing you want to do. We are praying for you to get to 100% so you can see sweet Emily soon.
Becky,
I don't know if you remember me from ICA. I was in Ben's class and my sister Melissa was in your class. I found your blog through Lauren's. I just wanted to let you know that we are praying for you and for Emily! I can't imagine what you are going through. We have 2 little ones, and it's heartbreaking enough for me when they have colds! I will be praying for complete healing for Emily and for strength and comfort for you.
On another note, Emily Grace is the exact name we plan to use if God ever gives us a little girl. (we have 2 boys, 21 months and 3 months.)
Hugs!
Becky (Hansen) Franklin
M & B,
You are on our hearts all the time and our whole family is praying for you and your sweet baby girls.... For EG.... she has not only A face, but a darn beautiful one- it's clear. How GOOD that you could finally see that beautiful girl's face.
Our hearts really are breaking for you for this hard time but also trusting Christ with you and for you that He will complete His good purpose in you and E through this time.
Much love to you-
jill k
We continue to pray for little EG and your family. Best for you all to get healthy for EG's sake, too. We really appreciate the updates.
Loceingly, June
Post a Comment