I have no idea how to spell that so sound it out...
I feel like if there is bad news, I am the one who has to see/hear it. Last night, M went in and they were so optimistic about how Emily was doing that they were talking about trying to step down her vent and they increased her feedings to 0.7ml/hour. I drove in hoping to be able to touch her at least a little, but fortunately I had a dream last night that warned me about this so I was kind of prepared for things to be back on a down.
When I got in this afternoon, there were two drs looking at her and moving around a little too quickly for comfort. It turns out that her right lung partially collapsed again (so the vent is back up to its old settings and she is on meds again) and they had to suction the milk out of her stomache because she wasn't passing it through and her abdomen is 'distended with loopies'...swollen and looks funny (they let me look but I have no idea what is normal so I had no idea what was bad). They have stopped feedings and when I left, they were taking x-rays of her belly to see if they needed to take more serious action or wait and x-ray in the morning again.
As you pray, please remember that we need the bowels to function so we can buy enough time for her lungs to heal.
Thank you for your prayers for me. We hit six weeks yesterday and I am now allowed to start lifting K and taking over full care of her. I can also start cleaning the house and doing things that in general will make me feel like I am contributing...and should in the end help me to deal with all this better. Don't worry, I will do my best not to over-do it and take things slow. God bless you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment