Well, I was visiting Emily Grace when the doctors came in today and it turns out that things are not so good. Right now, they can't get Emily's acidosis under control. They have also decided that although some of it is caused by respiratory problems, most of it is due to her kidneys. They can't feed her because she is still having trouble with her intestines. The short story is that her lungs, kidneys and intestines are not working and she is getting a build up of junk in her blood. We need a lot of prayer for her to turn this around.
Please also pray for me as this latest turn is more overwhelming than anything before...if that is possible. In a very intense way I just don't want this to be my life anymore. I want to run away and hope it goes away or at least wake up and realize this was just one of those nightmares you have when you are pregnant. I want to trust God in all of this but right now I can't. Every time I pump, I have 40 minutes just to think and currently all that consumes my thoughts is just wondering if she is ever even going to drink this milk or if I am doing this every three hours just to lose in the end anyway. I know I can't think like that but I am losing the thought battle, please pray that all things good, pure, holy, etc consume my mind instead.
On a positive note, K slept through the night last night for the first time since all this happened...at least we can hope she is getting over the trauma. AND all my family is here and we had Thanksgiving last night. What an excellent meal and time together!! Praise God that He allowed for my family to be here at such a time as this.
12 comments:
Praying with you, Becky, that God will uphold you in this difficult time.
Our prayers are with all of you during this time. Praying that God would lay His strong hand of healing on little Emily
Psalm 51:10-12 10 Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. 11 Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. 12 Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.
Praying for healing for your baby and an uplifted and trusting spirit for you!
Oh yes, we will pray. May you feel God's peace tonight.
Praying for you and your family, Becky...that God would give you strength and that you would feel peace you've never felt before. Love you guys.
We're praying for you and Baby Emily. We love you guys.
Lifting you up to Jesus who can & desires to sustain you, carry and encourage you through this time. Repeating the name of "Jesus" when one feels empty & discouraged has helped me as He fills me up with Himself carrying me through the difficult times. Jesus cannot fail. Praying for God's miracle for Emily. She has touched so many! Glad your family could be with you these days. Much love & prayers.
Oh Becky, I can't even imagine how exhausted you all are. We are praying for the four of you - especially Emily!
We have been following your blog since the day Emily was born and are praying with you and for you daily. Love you Beck
the last post was from Casey and Tim
Dear Becky, Found your blog through Lauren. Just wanted to let you know I've been praying for little Emily and will continue to do so. He's the one who can develop those little lungs, kidneys, intestines to function as they should... in or outside the womb! Love, Marleen (van der Giessen)
Erickson Family;
You don't know me, I know Jim and Marilyn. Mayville Ebenezer Church. I am in constant prayer for Emily Grace,for her healing. I am also in prayer for your healing; emotionally, and physically. I know the "The Great Physician".
Ramona & Kevin Hoffeyer
Post a Comment