Some of the fun of family is just the joy of playing together...
They won't have any trouble with her and boys... :-)
And it has come full circle. I was going to post a picture of my girls riding on the back of the boys but alas, I will simply remind us.
After snorkeling at Hanauma Bay, Em wanted to draw a seahorse. It was so good, I had to take a pic. She is very detail oriented and actually quite good...so, no, not from either of us...that has skipped generations.
Em didn't snorkel much at Hanauma, but then the next day we were at a lagoon and she let K "teach her how to do it."
This might be my favorite picture of Em in a LONG time! It makes me laugh every time I see it. I realize she does a lot of funny stuff, but this takes the cake.
Mari is three now. Like I said, no problem with the boys...man, she is pretty!
The first hike we took the girls on was the Pill Boxes at Lanikai. The beauty of moving to the other side of the island (last time we were here, my brother's family lived on Ford Island and now they have moved to Kauai) is that all the pretty hikes are super close by.
The pill boxes are the old guard posts at the top of many of the hills along the coast of Hawaii that have been left for tourists.
Being winter on the windward side of the island, most of our visit was fraught with wind and clouds that rolled in and out all day and night.
The lack of sun made the water not look as blue and green as it typically is, but still it can't steal all the beauty, and the bonus was that it wasn't so hot and miserable. While we were up here, we looked up the price of real estate. If you would like one of those houses on the beach down there, you may purchase it for a cool 8 to 20 million.
That behind K is what Kauai looks like when a storm rolls through.
Now my only goal in picture taking is to teach Em to open her eyes without lifting her eyebrows so high that she looks scary! He he.
No comments:
Post a Comment