I was wondering the other day why I no longer see an hummingbirds at our feeder...
Yep, that's the kitten we got last October. :-)
K had her first cross-country race last week. She is doing really well at it, but right now she is the only first grade girl from her school and so she races alone and practices with kids she doesn't know.
Quick starter, she is not. :-) So cute!
We found loft beds at a garage sale. They were so well priced that we decided to make the shift - one we have thought about but thought we could put off a bit longer. The girls were super excited - Em wants the top bunk too and K wants a place to keep all her books and a desk under her bed is perfect. Anyway, the first night, we walked in to find them asleep on the same bed.
I also found a chemistry set at the garage sale. We have been having a lot of fun with it.
We had an open house for my parents and we doubled it as a surprise birthday party for my grandma. She is now 85!
On the homefront, we are still losing teeth,
still playing at the lake when it's almost 100 degrees,
teaching science at the homeschool - this is Em's 'class',
enjoying the cool days when it's in the seventies and even a little rain,
and homeschooling the littlest munchkin.
On the ranch, we still have a case of pigeon fever. For those who have been wondering exactly what we are dealing with, this is an abscess that is draining. At this point it is the most contagious. All it takes is one fly to land on the puss and bite another horse and boom, it is passed. You can see what God is up against as we ask Him to protect the rest of the horses.
While we continue to deal with that, we are also transitioning to winter - which means getting the runs ready for water and hoping to keep them less muddy than last year, cleaning gutters and the like.
And now I am dealing with either a flu or I have eaten something that is causing a huge reaction. It is often hard to tell the difference as the symptoms can mirror each other. Over the years, I have discovered something about myself - I like to try to make everything happen and go well because I am vigilant and involved and doing all the work needed to keep everything going well. Then I stress myself out, get sick and realize I am taking on things that are not my responsibility - that only God can handle all the results and that is why HE is in charge of it. I then let go of everything, apologize, tell Him I will stop trying to get be in charge and let only Him be in charge, and we go back peace. Why can't I just stay there? Leaving it all in His hands? I mean, this time around, I am trying to control flies - really??? I must laugh at myself but someday, I hope to live in a constant state of trust in God.
No comments:
Post a Comment