Our friends were here for three weeks! Yep. It was a lot of fun, but alas they have left and we are left with picking up our lives and, well, cleaning a crazy chaotic house! :-)
We spent most of our time at the house - between the pool and the treehouse and the kitty, there is plenty to do here! But we did make one trip to the puzzle exhibit at Turtle Bay. The kids loved it!
The conveyor belt was our favorite since we had to work as a team just to beat the time...it took us several tries.
Since we had so long together, we still invited other people over and kept life a little closer to normal, even taking the kids to VBS the last week.
Carter turned four.
My girls have matching holes in the bottom row of their teeth.
One Sunday we went with friends from church to the lake. The paddle boat was easily the biggest hit, though the kayaks were fun too.
Em built a dam, which Papa helped her finish off.
These three crack me up. They converse with all seriousness over all sorts of things.
Em and Andrew were definitely in on the water pistol fights.
And the baby was just too busy being cute.
Finally Jini and I got our turn on the paddle board. We decided we needed to do our yoga moves just like everyone else. (Except I am already falling down, ha!)
Which is where we always ended up...90% of the fun.
The water guns became background lighting effects...
...and viola!
It was a blast!
More to come! But this should get us started. :-)
We are doing well. The ranch is full again. My house is in chaos once more but we are hoping to move my parents in in just a couple weeks. I put the second finish coat on the floor and will do one more. The cabinet guy will come this weekend and we should be done. At least this time we can offer people a nice dunk in the pool when they are done helping us!
Kylie was accepted into a science charter school near us and we have decided to give it a try. This is mainly because I think I need all my energy and patience for Em and I believe that this year it is of vital importance that she learn to read competently. On a smaller note, it is also because K wants to try out a classroom setting and this school seems to be a good place to start.
So now it is just getting supplies and books for Em so we can home school together. My goals for Em this year are simple. I want her to love to learn and to learn to read. Honestly, it is hard for me to step back and say that that is enough but I know it is right for her. When her eyes are wandering off, I think, "Not a chance. Even those goals are too high." But I will not doubt. God has brought her this far and He won't stop now. And just when I say that, she colors a picture in fine detail, and I think, "Oh, we got this! She is hiding a great genius under there!" It was be an adventure but I am looking forward to having one on one time with her.
Hope all is well as you close off your summer! God Bless!
No comments:
Post a Comment