Well, since the girls and M left, it has been kind of crazy. Just before they left, we finally got some more rain. It was so welcome I wandered out in it with the camera. We need so much more rain and all we seem to get is sun and heat. I found these pics and decided to post them in the hopes that God will send us more soon.
We call this area our "lower pasture".
Since I finally hired another worker and got several big projects done while the girls and M were down south, I have been intentionally trying to put some things back in our lives that were good for us. We have started working out again, I signed K up for soccer for next month, we started going to community events like the Home Depot project day and getting more involved with church. Lots of change but in a positive direction.
K's new crafty thing is to make things in the bottom of containers. So this is a mug with hot cocoa in it. And fish biscuits.
I am pretty sure this is dough for bread.
No matter what, this cracks me up. Daddy's daughter. Em and I run the errands together while these two read on the couch.
I am also trying to get back to cooking healthy. There is a huge health food culture up here and since we have all our allergies, it means that suddenly foods that are good for us are also affordable to buy! This was us making lasagna with K's egg substitute, quinoa noodles and soon we will have lactose free cheese for Dad. I made my first amaranth bread too. We will see how it goes but it makes me happy just to be trying again.
We are so ridiculously warm that we have started our garden. Just in case the weather plays a trick on us we started our veggies in six packs so we can bring them in but even the nurseries are starting theirs. K is super excited because she has always wanted her own garden and she believes this is it.
Just a couple bonus pics from their trip...they made it to the science museum the day after Disneyland. SO much fun!
Well, six months into our move, we find ourselves loving the area we have moved to but desperately missing our family and friends. Please pray we will make some good friends soon. God has blessed us with a beautiful home and land and a place that even motivates us to run. We finally got the permit to remodel the downstairs and hopefully that will start soon. It's time to get established and settle into a routine that includes fun. Have a great day and God bless you!
No comments:
Post a Comment