John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Emily's Birthday Camp-Out

Well, the day finally arrived to celebrate Emily's birthday...Dad had a day off and we had cleared the calendar...to camp out in our backyard. :-) Granted, our back yard is quite large these days. The day started with Dad finding all kinds of silly birthday songs on youtube. Their favorite was by the minions.


I made the cake...


Em opened one of her presents and the girls got all dressed up.  Dad took photos so I set up the background.  :-)


We started with pictures...before the dirt and cake.










We fed the horses...it's just great having built in entertainment everywhere!  K is the cautious one...


Em, not so much.  It's okay, they are very gentle, at least the ones I let them feed.


Dad set up a rope swing, two swings and horse shoes.


I bought a real lasso rope and K invented a game of lasso Mommy as she swings by on the swing.



She got a little intense.  It may have been the taunting her mother was giving her.





Playing horseshoes.  I bought real ones so the girls could throw them.  We had a great time!


Then it was time to shift gears into My Little Pony.



That look in the background is Em's face when she is really excited but trying to hide it.



Eating cake with boots on.


The rainbow dash jacket Daddy bought her...it has wings on the back.



Papa and Nana came out for this part.



We played two more games and then went for an impromptu horse ride.



We made hobo dinners and had hot dogs and sausages.  There just isn't anything as fun as hanging around the campfire on a cool night, eating food and relaxing.


K and Sam still love to cuddle all the time.


Early the next morning Nana showed up with bacon, donuts, hot coffee and cocoa.  Hallelujah!  To say it hit the spot is an understatement, it brought pure joy.  :-)  Thanks Nana.



It was pretty cold though so we headed into the house after that.  What's the point of camping in your own yard if you can't escape the cold?

Em had her follow-up dr appt this morning and he was very pleased with her eyes and how well they are tracking.  They really seem to be working together.  There is still slight nystagmus vertically (bouncing up and down) which the dr may want to fix later on down the road in one more surgery, but for now, her eyes are doing outstanding.  She is even seeing better because the eyes are working together and he thought that with her glasses on and working together (not individually), she might be seeing as good as 20/60.  He did mention that without her glasses Emily wins the prize for being the most visually challenged patient he has in Redding.(Did I mention he is the only specialist here so he has all the patients in Redding?).  Sadly, he still wants us to patch the weak eye and I am fairly certain I would rather poke small needles in my eyes than start that fight back up again, but alas, I have no choice.  For now we will simply rejoice in the good!

God Bless!!

2 comments:

Jim said...

Thanks for sharing Em's birthday party pictures! Fun to see all of you having such a great time.

Dara Jean said...

Oh, Becky! I haven't heard about what your up to in years, just saw this post through Aprils FB and am in tears. What a beautiful family and story. Thanks for sharing. Many, many blessings to you. So glad to have found your blog. Much love,
Dara (Hillstrom) Vanden Bosch