John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

"Normal"

Well, according the the neurologist, this is "normal"! :-) We got the preliminary results from her MRI and the scan showed her brain to be 'normal'. I have an appointement with the neurologist in February to make sure of everything but I think this means her eye problems fall entirely on the opthamologist. God is good. Through all this, He has protected her brain, my hourly request when she was in the NICU, and my daily prayer since then.


Ok, really, I took this picture because I have been searching for a way to describe what it is like to teach Emily. She is ridiculously hard to teach. SO, yesterday we were discussing whales and dolphins and having a wonderful conversation while we did our craft, when I look up and see Em shaking her head back and forth like this and saying, "Wook at me, I'm a whale! Wook at me, I'm Shamu!" It was honestly hilarious but I was at the end of a day of her taking nothing seriously, so I made her put them down and used my mantra words: "Emily, focus!"  Then I thought about it again and decided to have her do it again so I could take a picture of my never serious child who daily leaves me wondering if she learned a single thing in school. Just, fyi, it IS possible to love someone beyond words who frustrates you beyond words. :-)  Thank you for all your prayers!  God Bless!!

2 comments:

The Erickson Family said...

Such a cute pic of Em! You know what they say...“If a child can't learn the way we teach, maybe we should teach the way they learn.”

My boys learn in completely different ways. You'll find something that works. Brady is using transformer letters to learn his letter sounds. (J learned with flashcards) You just have to keep trying until you find a way she likes to learn. ;)

doug&margarethe said...

She has already learned a lot! Like K said maybe she learns in a different way so praying you will find that "way" to teach her. May God give you the wisdom and grace to find that way and may it even get to be a joyful way for you!! Hugs to you all.