John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Sunday, December 08, 2013

Ugly Sweater

'Tis the Season for Ugly Sweater parties...


Yes, I made these. When I went to the thrift store, saw how ugly these really were and then thought about my craft pile, I decided I could make ours in a couple hours. It took a little longer because I then decided to make it a project for the girls and I (including them is never time saving but always more fun). We used our cookie cutters and cut out shapes from my scrap felt pile and the girls placed their shapes on their shirts. I sewed them on while the girls slept and the next morning, we decoraed with a glue gun and any random craft piece they could find. It was actually quite fun and, for the record, K thinks hers is beautiful!!


Em on my lap and Ali on Em's lap...


Yes, this was a dinner, ugly sweater, white elephant party...



IDK what's going on here but it was funny.  :-)



We kept calling her the little snowball.


And we went for the group picture...a few people couldn't stay serious.  :-)


So we all went goofy.




Steve sent everyone home with these glasses he was so proud of...he found them all for 50 cents a piece.  Bargain shopper!


Before we left, M finally got in the spirit and added the hat and boots...and shotgun shells in the hat.  He won second place for the ugliest sweater, AND I didn't need pinterest to come up with this!  It's like I got paid to make that!!  :-)


This was the winning sweater.


And the winning smile, blurry or not, it makes the roll.


Tonight was the kids' song before the big kids do their Christmas play.  Andrew tripped and fell on his face as they were walking up.  He would not get up and spent the rest of the time looking at the crowd like this.  He was so cute!!


The girls and their class actually sang a song.  Not nearly as cute as the angels but I took a video anyway, thus no more pics.


Well, the season has begun!  We spent both Saturday and Sunday running from place to place and party to party...it's not that the food isn't great...I didn't make a single meal on Saturday!...but it's good to know it is only for a season.  Have a great day!

No comments: