John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Monday, December 02, 2013

Thanksgiving Weekend

I know it's a little late, but Happy Thanksgiving one and all! I was looking through my pics when I realized that in my anti-table picture mode, I had basically forgotten to take pictures in general. So, come Christmas, I will have to take cheesy table pics I guess. Anyway, Thanksgiving, take 1, was us with Amity and family. We had a BBQ.


They made a parade float...


Poor boy fell and pulled his thumb nail halfway up.  K is such a good mommy, she went over and talked to him about it and then hugged him and told him it will be all right.  :-)


Then Thanksgiving, take 2, was with the rest of the Erickson's at Nana's house.  The girls did some Christmas crafts while they waited for their cousins, who were stuck in traffic.


We also spent the day with the other pastor and family from the church.  They have twin baby girls.


The twins' older brother brought his transformers over and everyone had a blast!



Time to leave...


On Saturday, we went out to the little zoo in the desert for their "Wildnights" party.


We got to see Santa...the girls were shy...



They had a 'downtown' area all decked out in lights.  The tunnel had music too.


No way!!  What is this???  All four cousins looking up at the same time AND smiling?!?  Yep.


The boys' other cousin.


K spent a long time in the tunnel - dancing.  I have some very cute video.


We went for a train ride...yes, those are tires.



There were lights everywhere!


Crafts.


And then there was a show...How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Living Desert Style.


That means animals played a roll.



And the Grinch was a girl...


I know the pic got hijacked by the lights, but he was the reindeer and he was so cute I had to include it.


Bright and early Sunday morning, we drove up to Miss Cristal's church to listen to her testimony.  Cristal is Em's early intervention teacher and she is moving out of the area so it was a fun way to support her and say goodbye as well.


Ok, so I will throw these in here.  Many of you will see them on our Christmas card but since many of you won't, I decided they are too funny not to share.  Their mouths were supposed to say "Silent Night" but I forgot and put "Merry Christmas".  Oh well!


Tried Em without glasses.



And if this pic doesn't show their personalities, I don't know what will.  Em is clowning around, playing with the lights and turning everything into something funny, while K is trying her best to find the best, most beautful smile so she can pose for the picture.



Now that is real.  They are ridiculously cute!  Have a wonderful day and God Bless!!

No comments: