John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Sunday, October 27, 2013

One of Those Weeks


Well, it has been one of 'those' weeks in the Erickson household.  Where to even begin?  Last week, I had an old filling replaced by the dentist.  It got infected and needed to have a root canal first thing Monday morning. So, while it was still dark, I was pulling my kids out of bed to get them to a friend's house so I could go have a wonderful time at my most hated place in the whole world.

When I got home that noon, and even in my state, I noticed that Sammy was limping, so I took a look at his paw and there was a nice flap of pad where he had injured himself on something during our run on Sunday. He has done this more than once, so I wasn't worried.  Tuesday morning I went to Bible study, only to be called back so I could watch A while Jini took Z to urgent care. Yep, you guessed it, another broken bone!!  Z has a cast now.  Her bone did not break all the way across so thankfully it should heal quickly.

But that evening, my other friend who was supposed to teach our preschool the next morning called to tell me she was having neck cramps and couldn't do it.  That left it to me to come up with school the night beforehand. Wednesday then turned into a rush from teaching school to running to the doctor (for other reasons all together) and somehow noticing that Sammy was no longer using his paw. Thursday started with an hour wait at the lab so I could give my blood for blood tests...thank God for ipads and movies!!  K asked me afterwards why I had a band-aid on my arm.  When I asked her if she had even noticed the needle in mom's arm, she affirmed that she had not. Only Tangled can do that.

Oh, I am done, I don't want to recap any more!!  Suffice it to say, it just kept going like that. I still did manage to keep up with school for the girls, but the house, well, it got a little out of clutter control.  :-)

I guess I better finish the poor story on Sammy though.  By Thursday night, his paw was twice its normal size  (that's why he has a bandage on it - I had been trying each night to put antibiotic cream on it to help it heal - but on Thurs night, he decided he would rather bite me than let me touch it).  So Friday, M took him into the vet.  They gave him antibiotics for the infection and pain killers and told us if it didn't go down by Monday, they would need to lance it.  That night, he slipped on the kitchen floor and put his paw down to catch himself, popping his paw wide open.  After we cleaned up the blood and got him a new pillow, we decided this was a blessing in disguise - we don't have to pay the vet twice and he is already on antibiotics.  Anyway, we have been keeping him inside since the paw split across the entire back of the pad, but as of today, he has begun walking on it again.  PTL!  Vet bills rank somewhere near dental bills on my "least happy places to spend large amounts of money" list!

My hope is that it calms down again and I have loads of fun pics for you next time. :-) God Bless!

Oh, and for those who follow the situation with my sister and her daughter Megan (7yrs), she has had another seizure this week.  This makes for two in the last two months, where previously they had been separated by six months.  Please pray they will be able to figure this out!

No comments: