Our first stop along the way north was a night at the Madonna Inn in San Luis Obispo. If you haven't heard of this inn, it is very interesting as each room is unique with its own individual theme. They are 'over the top' on everything and, well, that made me think my girls would love it. We arrived early and were given a key to the pool area to swim while we waited for our room to be cleaned.
These are the steps up to the rooms.
One of the spas was kind of hidden away from the rest of the pool area and we spent a lot of time here.
Yes, there is a waterfall on one side of the pool...
Needless to say, we were very impressed and we hadn't even seen our room yet.
We stayed in the Safari Room...
Both beds were the same...
We went ahead and ate at the restaurant at the Inn.
Drinking from their goblets.
K told Daddy that she wanted to have her wedding here someday...see? She is not from our gene pool. I am just saying that I can guarantee that I have never made that statement before, much less when I was four!!
Mirror, mirror on the wall...
The fireplace in the waiting area of the restaurant.
Herbie even showed up!
The Madonna family used to have a mountain lion and he stayed in here.
The tiger was most definitely the biggest hit I have seen in a long time!
Poor K!
When Em woke up in the morning and realized the tiger had "gone back up onto his bed", she was devastated and started crying - the kind of crying where I jumped out of bed to see what was wrong. When I realized she was upset that the tiger was not on the floor with her anymore, I offered to let her crawl into bed with us and, well, at least she still thinks second prize is pretty cool. :-)
This was the waterfall shower...it's hard to see but the water comes off that rock at the top of the shower.
We had a BLAST! The girls almost died when they realized that we had to leave. It seems like there is always something great at every turn here and we all had a lot of fun! Thankfully the promise of camping and smores alleviated the sting of the loss. God Bless!!
1 comment:
What a memory for the girls and you both! Such fun to make unexpected and great memories with the family. K wanting her wedding there one day wouldn't surprise me but so unlike You and M.. outdoors people. Fun reading your posts. Can't always seem to post comments from here but love reading your posts anyway. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment