As time continues to get away from me, I realize that summer, in its own right, has its own sense of chaos. Ah, the joys of being alive! Anyway, last week we started swim lessons at our local pool...
Pre-swim lesson poses...
The clown of the group stands all serious.
They have learned a lot, like kicking, putting their face in the water, even swimming with a paddle board.
The girls did all right in their first week, although I was told on Friday that they had to come back on Monday able to put their whole face under water for at least two seconds straight...our first official homework on a weekend we would not be home. Dad taught K and in less than half an hour she was staying under water for nine seconds. I taught Em, no wait, I 'taught' Em. It is cold, neither of us wanted to be in the water and she hates to get her glasses wet...it was a rough go. Still, we managed to get our whole face under the water several times, just not for two seconds. I might get reprimanded by the teacher. oh well. What I really want to know is how did I get stuck with Em? :-)
Sometimes, K thinks she is so funny...like when she sat in my seat and pretended she was the driver, then demanded a picture. :-)
Well, it is probably the last time we will get to see these cousins for a while...they are headed to Hawaii next month and life is crazy between now and then. My brother was home for three weeks and just flew out to Rhode Island for a month...not such an easy time on the family, (especially since Mo is flying to Ethiopia this week for their court date to get their little girl). Please pray she will pass! This is the last major hurdle before Maretu will become an official member of thier family.
Aw, well it was fun to live within driving distance of my brother for the first time in our adult lives. At least we will HAVE to visit them in Hawaii though. :-)
God Bless!!
No comments:
Post a Comment