John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Last Trip to Sea World

Yep, our passes will run out at the end of the month so we decided to head down one last time to our happiest place on earth. Plus, they were decorated for Christmas and even had "Snow World" so we had to check it out. I wasn't going to take pictures, much less subject you to them, but sadly I got all sentimental on myself.




Of course, we had to go around saying goodbye to everyone...




And then we hit the "snow".  For those who can imagine taking a giant snow cone making machine and blowing the ice all over a huge area until it accumulates and calling it snow, there you have it.  For all the boys and girls of socal who don't even know what real snow is, it worked.  For M and I, it was a little disappointing.  I mean, I don't know what we expected on a 70 degree day but when snow is advertised, we picture the real stuff.  (Don't get me wrong - April - we aren't nostalgic for the real stuff!!).  :-)

But I digress.  There was a sledding hill but it was only for five year olds and up.  I simply told the boy at the front of the line she was not five yet and asked if she could go anyway.  He said once and so she did.  I only got one pic though cause I had to walk her to the front and then try to run back before she got down, racing a sled while snapping pictures.  She loved it and she was pretty devastated when she couldn't do it again.


Then we managed to get the ice to make snowballs and throw them at the snowman...K hit him every time.  Yes, our oldest.  What?  All Dad's work might be paying off finally?  Notice the beautiful green trees in the background...yes, it is winter...the snow is real!


The best Dad alive!!  Sorry to everyone else who thought they had the corner on that market.  :)


A picture is worth a thousand words.  This picture is a free look into our lives.  Aw, look, K made a cute little snowman.  She is so proud.  Wait!  What's that hand swinging through the middle of the photo?  Oh, that's just Em, here to search and destroy all things her sister makes.  And yes, she crushed it.  Along with K's smile.  We call her "Mayhem", "El Destructor" and other names along those lines.


While Em was taking a nap in the stroller, M and K jumped into the giant snow globe and had their picture taken.  It was really cute and a great idea but not for the money they wanted.


Well, it's been a good run for us and lovely Sea World, but even good things must come to an end (except heaven in eternity...by definition).


"Bye Bye Sam-u!"


I better get to bed!  God Bless!!

No comments: