John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Monday, November 12, 2012

K's Ballet Recital

The same day as Em's bday party, we had K's dance recital in the evening. I was one of the Mom's helping out in the back. We had to arrive over an hour before the performance and then keep 20 girls in too toos happy in a hallway while not crumpling tool. It actually went pretty well and the performance went off without a hitch so we considered it a success. Before we left, Nana had to fix the flower on the front of K's outfit.


Waiting in the back hallway...


I just thought this was cute...they are coloring...


Most of the girls in our class...



Waiting patiently to practice walking on and off the stage...this is K...


Since it was practice, I ran to the other side of the stage to get a couple of pics of our girls.



So, here's my sweet little girl!!





And her two BFFs...



Back to the back hallway...you can see our little line-up...and I didn't get it all...they extend behind me.


I used the camera as a distraction tool...we took tons of pictures, most of which were 'accidentally' deleted immediately.



When the program started, not only were we to keep them in line, entertained and calm, but quiet...


As you can see, during the actual performance, I was stuck on the other side and couldn't really see our girls.  I could see clearly that Z had decided to scowl and not perform (as we predicted beforehand :-)...Z is probably not going to be a performer - athlete, yes, she has great form and is faster than the boys already, but on stage?, well, maybe not so much).  I was told that K did really well and have seen at least one video of her waving at the crowd after it was all done.  Ha!  I will get some pics of the performance from my friends and their family but rest assured, it was totally adorable!!


It made for a very long day but we had fun nonetheless!  God Bless!!

1 comment:

doug&margarethe said...

Sooo CUTE!! Can't believe this is your daughter!!! You are hikers and mountain climbers, M&B! Hope you can put even a short video of their performance on this site.