John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Sunday, November 04, 2012

Emily is Three!!!

Well...she will actually be three in two days but sometimes life tells you what to do.  In our case, usually Dad's work schedule.  It got moved around on us again, so we had planned to celebrate Emily's third birthday tomorrow but Dad now has to work but was given today off, so we took advantage of the opportunity.

We had been planning to head to Disneyland (as that was what she asked for) and then about three weeks ago, she asked me, "Me see Samu and Elmo at Disneywand for me birfday?" When I said no that they were at Sea World, she looked right at me and said, "My go Sea World?" I asked her several times to make sure she knew what she was talking about and then got super excited! All my eyes could see was green headed back into my checking account. Oh, I mean, I knew she would be happier there. :-)

So, we got up this morning (way too early since kids don't seem to get the memo that the time has changed) and made bacon, chocolate chip pancakes and strawberries. Then we sang "Happy Birthday" and made it official. She was so excited!




And then it was off to Sea World.


We told her she could have one thing from the store so the first thing she did was wander around giving all the Sesame Street characters hugs...



She settled on Elmo...of course!  Now this pic should very much surprise you...K wet...willingly.  I asked her if she wanted to go get wet at the Shamu show and she said yes.  She fought hard not to cry after the first soaking and I just had her thinking it was funny when round two came.  I kept trying to make it funny and then asked her if she wanted to be done.  She nodded and we ran away to find Daddy.  It was so proud of her since she was so close to losing it but she pulled herself together and even started to be happy about the whole situation.  We are learning!  I know, hard to believe, but there was so much hope in my heart that we might actually get there some day!  Look at her face!  (Sorry, had to cut myself out - I looked a little scary - maybe it's over-happy?).  :-)

Her hair gives you an idea of how wet we got...


Then K wanted to take her 'own real picture'...so Em and I posed for her while Daddy helped with the weight of the camera only.


Oh yeah, the dr says she is 26 pounds and 35 inches tall.  She is on the charts, somewhere below the tenth percentile.  But, did you hear that?  On the charts!


She is NOT that tall...my tip-toe girl!


More cheese for you while we wait to see Elmo.



They are getting ready for a pretty sweet Christmas set-up, with snow an all...


Em is so weird...everything still goes in her mouth...so Elmo's eyes spent most of the day covered in saliva.



I took this the other day when Em's teacher was here and they headed out to collect leaves.  I LOVE it!!


Happy Birthday my little girl!  And may God Bless every area of your life far beyond all your mama can ask or imagine!!

No comments: