When we got back from tday visits, the first thing we did was check up on our yard...Em is showing you our lemon from our lemon tree and a carrot. We planted carrots out of season and since I have no idea how to tell if they are ready to pick, we just randomly pick one here and there...you can see we are almost there! Hope they finish growing before it gets too cold!
We also set up the outdoor lights. I never thought I would be the person who would have these things in their yard. Something changed when I had kids...plus I found them at a garage sale so I didn't have to justify the money. Gotta love garage sales! :-)
K wanted to do some fun pictures...this is the snowman hitting her with the snowball.
And this is her getting crushed by the snowman. Yes, she comes up with all this on her own.
And Sammy in a santa outfit...
Then my cousin came into town and we took him to play frisbee golf. I asked K to show me how she throws...what great determination!
And stellar form! She actually throws pretty well.
Of course she needed a poser shot too.
She hangs in for a few holes and then, well, she finds other things to play with along the way.
I had to try for a few frisbee shots...
It was a nice relaxing day after the drama of Em's head...oh, I didn't mention that...Fast version: Em fell on the tile in the kitchen and hit her head. She threw up right away but then she seemed to be fine so I let her go to bed. Unfortunately, over the next 18hrs she threw up four more times and after we took her in to see her dr, we decided on a CT scan to check it out. Em and I were in the ER forever, as always, and despite my attempts to convince her the scanner was a big giant donut and she got to go inside, as soon as they removed her glasses, she lost it. No matter how hard I tried, I could not convince her it was not going to hurt her and she cried so hard she was moving inside the restraints. We tried for a long time and then I held her chin still while they took the pictures and finally I started to lose it and we quit. I thought there was no way they got a clear look but after another long wait, they said the radiologist was able to read them and there were no bleeds and no fractures. PTL!!
She was off her game for several days but seems to be functioning normally again. Her dr believes she had a mild concussion. I thought concussions were only if the skull actually cracked but apparently it is any shaking of the brain that causes a change in its functioning...her vomiting and fatigue were obvious...if we assume her crabbiness was from a headache, it all fits in. With our new found definition of a concussion, M and I spent an evening trying to figure out just how many concussions we have had in our lifetimes! I am not trying to make light of it, I know it could have been serious but for once, we got to be the people who go home and lose a night of sleep instead of the people who go to the hospital for a week, so cut me some slack. I'm allowed a moment of the type of thinking that follows a lot of relief! :-)
God Bless! Please pray for M's safety as we have been having lots of rain this week.
1 comment:
Just a note for your carrots- my guess is that where you live, they could stay in all winter! Ours are still out there and it's gotten down in the teens at night. The green's all died back, but the carrots are happy- it's actually a cold snap that makes them sweet!
Glad Em's alright!
Post a Comment