It's all about T. T is April's little guy and most of the reason I went out to MN so as promised, a page about T. Anyone else glad to have a new letter on the list of kids? :-) This is my favorite pic so I put it first.
I know you expect 5'9" and 6'9" to make big babies but it still amazed me. This tall guy is only 3 months old...and just three months (he turned three months while I was there). He's not fat, he's just so long that he is really heavy. We didn't have exact measurements but my guess is that he will surpass Emily before he is one (and Em will be almost four). I could be wrong, but, ah, not likely!
April takes his monthly pics on the same chair with the same animals so you can watch his size progression. So these were month three.
This is my favorite of these...he looks exactly like his Dad...honestly, it's a little weird at first but you get used to it.
Well, since I have been back, we have had eight dr appts/school meetings/etc in four days plus M had to head straight into five days straight. My kids are going to think only one parent can be around at a time! The girls and I started off our time alone with a bang as Em got up smelling like a port-a-potty. When I opened her pjs, the present that awaited me literally went from her nipples to her toes. The whole house stunk and the race was on. I had half an hour before her teacher arrived and I had to clean Em, clean the bathroom, get the smell out and still get Em fed. We did it, by the hair of our chinny chin chin, but it was a race...and a stinky one!
On the news front, Emily will be headed to a preschool down the street. We are still working on all the details but the actual IEP (special ed) meeting will be held on her birthday. I don't want to say too much and be wrong so I will wait until I get the official details but the gist of what I am hearing is that their opinion is that her vision is the source of all her delays. In other words, they think her mind is all right it just doesn't have the input it needs to acquire the skills she needs for school. For instance, she has the ability to learn her letters but since she can't see them clearly enough to tell them apart, she cannot identify any of them. Or, (remember her fine motor skills are pretty bad) they do not think she is incapable of picking up one cheerio at a time but that she has learned that she doesn't miss the cheerio if she uses her whole hand to pick it up, so she hasn't tried to develop pincer grasp. I will give you more details after the meeting.
Speaking of eyes, we have seen both the optometrist and opthamologist and they both agree the bifocals are good but she needs to learn to use them better. We are going to get some little nose pieces to raise her glasses up higher on her face so she is forced to use the bifocal more. As per her eye surgery, her opthamologist said her deviation (the amount her eye crosses) is not significant enough to try surgery at this point. But, after all our questions, he saw our skepticism and told us he thinks we should get a second opinion. He even set us up with the leading expert in the area who works down at UCLA and we have an appointment for late in November, right before Thanksgiving. Until then we have to start the patching battle again. I hate fighting over these type of things! It's hard not to sympathize with your child who doesn't want a band-aid covering the one eye she can see out of...and then to discipline her on top of it. Oy! It's a lot of discipline just having a toddler much less adding extra battles to it. I wish I could reason with her! Oh well, the fight goes on.
Well, there is lots more to update but we have to roll. Have a great day and God Bless!!
No comments:
Post a Comment