Well, we left about 8am today for our first family vacation (meaning all four of us, not just me and the girls) since April. You could feel the relief in the air the moment we hit the border!
So what do you do when it is 4pm, you have finally arrived in Sedona and you have been in the car on and off for eight hours? Swim, of course!
Our fearless fish...
And our scaredy pants...in the water that is...they reverse rolls on other surfaces. :-)
Em decided today that she knew how to float.
She got so hyper it was cracking us up! She generally doesn't sit still so that long in a car was a big push for her (I usually travel overnight when we head to Redding). Once we got out, she went non-stop crazy for over an hour in the pool.
This makes me smile every time I walk by. It is the little entryway to our rooms and the sign reads, "Warning Piranha". Whatever you have to do to keep people out I guess!!
We spent our first evening swimming and finding food but this is what it looks like from where we are...I can't wait to get out there and hike tomorrow!
Look at those striations (lines people, layers)! The former earth science teacher in me is drooling over this!
Please pray M relaxes and really just enjoys being away. We plan to try to make the girls hike at least part of every trail so cross your fingers it goes well. We have the backpacks for when they quit. Man, I love nature! Especially cool looking nature...
God Bless you all!
1 comment:
Have a great family vacation! Praying you can each have a fun time. Relax. Hugs to the girls! Looks like swimming is fun time too. ~M&D
Post a Comment