John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Wednesday, August 08, 2012

One Cool Tree House

With school starting next week and K trying to work herself out of her afternoon nap, I needed some space. So, I cleared out the playroom and put the tables and chairs, easel and school stuff in there. Then I told M that I needed a place for K to take her "afternoon rest" (that is what we are going to call the hour she is required to sit on her bed reading while she transitions).  M promptly got a blanket and put it in the corner with her princess pillow...and she thought she was the queen. She is very proud of herself that she doesn't have to take a nap anymore (she has officially fallen asleep on 5 of 6 afternoon rests thus far). :-)

Anyway, on Sunday, M tells me, "I was thinking about K needing some space and I think I should make her a tree house." To say I was shocked would be an understatement. A what? I have no idea where this came from as we have never talked about it, but he did his research that night and the next day on our way back and forth from Sea World, we talked it out. We had stuff to do Tues morning but as soon as the girls went down for naps, he was gone to the store.

Step One: We started by painting the trunk of our tree into the corner of the room. Oh, before I forget, I took Em down low to see Shamu closer and we got soaked! What did Em do? She cried and said, "Samu be nice!!" She still loves him, no worries.


M did all the real work.  This is after the floor was installed on the wall.  Wait, I did work!  I stood there and held stuff and held more stuff and then held some more...


I don't know how we missed all the steps in between that and this but as you can see, M made walls and painted them and put them up.  The holes are supposed to look like branches of a tree with the one on the right being the door.  I painted the branches on the wall.


Then we both painted on all the leaves...while K hung out in her new coolest place on the planet.



You can see it is actually pretty big...we can all four fit inside.


My babies!!


That is as much as I can get into one photo...


To be honest, we are pretty impressed with our bad selves!  :-)  This is one cool tree house and we did it in one day!  Oh, and we don't lose any space.  M made the ladder removable so we can still put guests in that room.  Such a good Daddy!!  I love it when he gets motivated like this.  We are a good team and projects like this make me feel like we didn't totally lose our lives to children.  :-)  God Bless!!

4 comments:

Robyn said...

Wow, thats amazing! I am completely impressed (won't be able to show my kids in case they dream of something similar lol)

Anonymous said...

What an amzing tree house. Looks like the girls are having a blast! You both did a great job. Hugs to the girls from G-Auntie M. Wish I could play in it too!!

Leppard said...

wow.. B and M getting artsy fartsy. I love it. Come make the boys one too!!!

Anonymous said...

so cool!!! reminds me of when Jamie and Micah built a treehouse in our backyard in Kaele :-)