John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

HOME!!!!

When Emmy woke up this morning with a smile to show for me, I knew it was time to fight to get her home. They were no longer supporting her in any way and I was told that if she would just drink, they could let her go.


Pushing buttons she is not supposed to? Yes, Em is back! I kept telling her that if she wanted to see Kylie she just needed to drink her juice. She seemed to understand that the juice was the only thing between her and the car and her sister. She drank like a champ and we were discharged at noon today.


We didn't have any clothes remaining at the hospital so I put my hat on her head and her shoes on her feet and set her down to walk out the door. She couldn't even stand on her own and when she tried to walk, she fell down. So I had her stand against the wall until they brought a wagon.


Sitting in the wagon, we finally headed out the door. Emmy was so excited that when we got outside it was like Christmas (she used to scream at all the lights every night). She was pointing at trees and grass and cars and screaming out what they were. It was very cute!


When we got home, we decided we needed a wrist band cutting ceremony...


Look at my band fall to the floor! Praise the Lord!!!!!!


I told the dr she would eat when we got her home. I knew I was right but even I didn't expect this...she ate everything we offered her, including straight sour cream. She is super skinny now...not much left to those legs and bum...she can eat straight lard if she wants it! :)


She saw the "tah coooookie" (star cookie) and when we gave it to her, she also dipped that in sour cream. Yummy.


So, she is home and back to her old self, although taking more naps. Her pulmonologist said it could take up to a month for the cough to go away and not to panic about that but just to watch her breathing and if she is straining again, that is when we bring her in. Definitely more on this later, but for now I just wanted to get the word out that she is home and thank you all for your prayers!!! God bless you all!

7 comments:

Chantel Rinkel said...

So glad to hear she is home!

Robyn said...

Praise the Lord! I'm the world's worst commenter (so you've probably forgotten who I am! I know Moira from when our parents were missionaries together.) but I've been praying for you guys and especially so since Emily has been so sick. I am so glad that Emily is feeling better and you're all together again. God bless!

doug&margarethe said...

So glad she is home! Precious photos of Emily! Praise the Lord for His healing power!

airdave said...

Wow! What a journey...again! Praise God that he just keeps that little gem in His Hands and she's His! Nice glasses too.

Patty Ellis said...

We are rejoicing with you!
I know exactly what you mean re waking up and realizing your child is ready to go! Pami was 2 with Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever. Blood counts were critical, blood was on stand-by, and her liver greatly enlarged when we went to sleep Tuesday. During our night, a group of ladies met to pray. "As one, we felt the burden lift." Wednesday morning her blood counts were normal, her liver was normal! Doc was stunned. We went home praising the Lord as you did!
He has a plan for Emm!

Anonymous said...

OK, I broke out laughing many times seeing the pics of her, eating sour cream...and I teared up b/c I remember how excited she was to see lights. Praise the Lord she is home!!!

Auntie April

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear she is home! Sweet girl and sweet mama! All of you get some rest!! - Esther T.