I got reprimanded today for slacking on the blog. I am sorry. :) I have "many important brain things going on inside my head" (Madagascar) and have been writing much more again. I hope to share some of it with you soon but need to pull it all together. Anyway...these are my new favorite hats!!!
BUT, I am out of order. This series is to show you what I call, "Stroller Wars". Stroller Wars is a game my children made up and I think it is hilarious. The first step in this game is for each girl to get their stroller and sit on the edge of the shed behind it. At this point, K starts counting...1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,13,16...
And at some point, she says, "GO!", and she takes off. Notice how intense this must be...the tongue is out!!
Sometime later, Emmy get rolling...
While she is flying down the patio, K has made it to the other end and has turned around...
So, yes, they head straight for each other in the classic game of 'chicken'. The only thing is that neither of them are chickens and it is apparently much more fun to run into each other in the phase I call, "ouch!". It is hard for me to let them do this, as all my motherly instinct to prevent them from getting hurt wants me to jump in there, but so far, miraculously enough, neither one of them has gotten hurt doing this, and so I back off so they can have their fun. :)
Often, they end up with linked strollers and have to work to undo them...in a not-so-cooperative manner. Anyway, they then head back to the shed and start all over again. Silly girls!
So, back to my new favorite hats...we got our first cold spell of the winter and so I pulled out all the hats we bought on clearance at the end of last year and I had forgotten I had these. They both love them and will actually leave them on so I am in love!! :)
I include this because I was trying to get Emily to look up, so I asked her, "Emmy, where's mommy?" You can see her still looking down but pointing at me. Ha! Monster!
Well, I hope to update more soon but right now, the girls are napping and I gotta get my workout in right now or it's not going to happen! Ahhh, the mid-day race that is my fitness life...put the girls down, change clothes, work out, and hope to get a shower in before they wake up...what an adrenalin rush!!
God Bless!
1 comment:
Oh my goodness! LOVE the stroller wars! ha! I love that your little girls can be so girly, and yet wild and fearless. Beautiful! Em is looking older all of a sudden. Fun pics. -Esther
Post a Comment