Emily Grace discovers a real teeter-totter (not the stupid spring, bouncy things they have now). :) As you can tell, she hated it.
She had another evaluation this week and I was so mad about it that I didn't really talk about it. Anyway, she was evaluated to be 9-11 months in her fine motor skills and 12-15 months in every other area. I don't know if I am just in total denial or if I have just been around her for so long that I have forgotten how quickly "normal" kids pick up skills, but I felt like it was a little unfair.
I have to confess that I have long ago stopped paying attention to what she "should" be doing and have just lived in the moment with her. I find that if I think about where she should be or what she should be doing, I get frustrated and start to wonder if the baby stage will ever end. Since I have stopped even thinking about it, we have just been having fun being where we are at and not trying to make her do things she is not ready for. I think I was upset because I see her very much as a near two-year old. She needs lots of discipline and is even starting to get the idea of a time out. We have moved her into a toddler bed and she is trying to get the knack of a spoon. She won't let me feed her cause she has to do it herself and she is getting very demanding.
She uses like five words but she can tell me when she wants to leave or go outside...she even goes, gets her shoes, brings them to me, and either says, "Puppy" or "Cah". Puppy means she wants to go outside with our dog Sammy and car means she wants to go somewhere in the car. She has a new teacher and I am not sure if she was just more harsh or more honest. Her old teacher used to do the evaluations with me so that I could tell her if Emily had skills she just hadn't seen while working with her. This new teacher just showed up this week with the final report. Anyway, my mommy feelings were hurt and whether in ignorance or justified anger, I will forget now and have a good time with my sister-in-law, now that she has moved in to her new house. :)
More fun on the teeter-totter...
At this get together, a couple of puppies were brought out for the little ones to see. I know all little kids love animals, but when all the other kids were gone and over it, K was still there petting the puppies. In fact, she pet them until they had to go, completely ignoring Z when she yelled at her to come play. She is so kind and gentle, I love her spirit! When she is no longer two, I think she is going to be amazing with her sister. K already sits down and reads to Em, (when Em will sit) and she always hugs her and comforts her when she is crying (which usually is because K did something, but we ignore that detail).
Yep, she found more animals.
I know, totally blurry, but I love the effect. K took her first trip to Disneyland with some friends (A - the blond girl I always have pics of - and her parents). She LOVED it! She was so excited, she talked about it for the next three days. She kept telling me we needed to take her car seat out of Daddy's car and put it in A's car and go see the mermaid. We may have to go there as a family soon. :) I will steal pics some day from them, but thanks guys!
This was a bigger kid get together, so the toddlers were banished from the pool and this is how it turned out. No tears, just awe at watching the big kids play.
Well, M is traveling to MN and we are headed west to the coast, so please pray for traveling mercies and rested toddlers! God Bless!!
No comments:
Post a Comment