Sorry it's been so long...we were at the Erickson's having Christmas. Yep, all the Erickson's were there! Ten adults and four kids. What fun! I have lots of pictures but I haven't gone through them yet. I hope to get them up for tomorrow, but tonight I am going to go to bed and get some much needed sleep so I can pack up tomorrow for our vacation. :)
Anyway, I wanted to hop on to let you know that Emily seems to be eating...REALLY, REALLY well...I mean like a normal baby!! You know how so many things are discovered through accidents? Well, our blessed accident might have happened last Sunday when Grandma mixed up the bottles of supplements (which look the same) while she was making a bottle. The result was that I ran out of protein while I was still at their house and had to make her bottles without it. And she started to eat them.
On Wednesday, we took the feeding tube out so we could take family pictures on Thursday and I continued to leave the protein out of the mix. She ate all five bottles on Thursday and all five bottle on Friday and is doing really well today! I can't really describe the relief I feel, especially since it happened while we were with family and I could just feed her and they didn't have to hear me fight with her! Last night as I fed her, I started to cry. I was so relieved and excited as I felt my body starts to relax while I fed her (I am usually so tense as I wait for her to kick and scream). Honestly, I am still skeptical, but trying to let myself believe it...as each bottle goes by, I keep wondering if God is finally going to remove this burden from us. She is also eating yogurt and soup three times a day. Please pray she will keep this up! But, even if she doesn't, what a GIFT these three days were! I feel so blessed! Miracle number???
3 comments:
what a relief! so glad to hear I'm praying she continues!
So a "mix-up" became a blessing in disguise! Amazing what God will use to make us do His way!! Praying this continues so positively and that eating time can be a joy for you both! ..as it should be.
Enjoy your vacation! hopefully no more heliocopter mishaps seen!!
Hugs to the girls from me.
Quinoa..perfect protein
Post a Comment