Emily has her first tooth!! Yipee...it popped through on Thursday. Sorry it has taken so long to update, but I am still sick and the week has been long. Em pulled her tube out Thursday night but we had a spare from when she first came home and rather than make another trip to the hospital, we consulted her pediatrician and put it in ourselves. She does not like having it in but we have no choice right now.
Anyway, I took the girls down to Grandma and Grandpa's place to get some help during our workweek (the weekend) and it turned out to be a good decision as M now has the cold. As always it was nice to be there and watch the girls interact with their grandparents...AND to get some help, particularly with feeding Emily.
I know many of you know what a slippery slope we are on having reinserted the nasal gavage (feeding) tube. We are just praying that she will not get lazy but will decide that she likes to eat once again. Right now I am worried because her tooth is through but she is still in complete oral aversion (doesn't want anything near her mouth). Your prayers are coveted as the next step would be a g-tube (a permanent feeding tube inserted into her abdomen). I really don't want this but if it means she can get all the nutrition she needs and I don't have to fight with her all day long, it might be best. Right now I am praying she will start to eat again but preparing my heart for whatever is next.
I love these deep conversations with Poppy.
This cracks me up every time I look at it.
And this is how most pics with the girls come out...Em looks for K and laughs at her and K looks back very unamused.
2 comments:
As I was reading your blog post tonight my 2 1/2 year old came up and said look cute baby and cute glasses :) Thought you would enjoy that comment :)
Marisa Lee,
Fairfax, MN
Praying for you and the family, especially Em and her feeding skills. the Lord has been gracious before to provide miracles so once again we will trust Him to do so as we pray for His hand to be upon you. Wish I could help some way but glad G&G E could help you. Great photos! Thanks for sharing. Praise God Em got her first tooth!!! she is remarkable and that sister of hers is something else! Darling--both of them!
Hugs to you. ~Margarethe
Post a Comment