John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Well hello! This will be a quick update as I have things to do...like remove the clutter of pictures that have overtaken my refrigerator and, well, sit on the couch and do nothing. Anyway, we saw Emily's pediatrician yesterday and she could hear cackling and wheezing in her chest, so she put Em on another antibiotic for that. She is the same weight as one week ago...that's not great, but I am pleased that she could have all that vomit and she hasn't lost weight.

This morning when I got Em up, I found that she had removed the ng tube and since it had some dried blood at the end (don't panic, was probably just from scratching the edge of her stomach), I could not reinsert it. So another adventurous day without a feeding tube means she has had very little to eat and we spent a lot of time on the phone with drs and nurses. Hopefully, we should get our hands on one tomorrow and then we can see her GI specialist on Thursday morning.

This is just a video we took tonight...she has taken to climbing up on her 'walker' and pushing it across the room. She thinks she is SO cool, so we had to get a video of it. :) I have been told that many people can't upload my videos, so I put two on. They are pretty much the same thing but hoping you can get one or the other. My favorite part is when she sees me and gets all proud. :)


In other news K has the cold now and we think she is teething on top of it (2 year old molars). M and I feel much better and even started working out again today. We just have phlegm in our throats.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Hey you! This is the first time I've actually ventured into your blogspot! Very cool!

I'm glad to see that Em's progress is, well, progressing at least in a positive direction. It's so amazing to see how far she's come! I pray for all of you and I can see the miracle that is in your lives everyday.

That video is so DARN CUTE!!!! How amazing that she's walking (at least, with a walker!) Anders didn't even start walking until he was over a year old, so this is amazing to me! lol I love the look on her face, her little pink glasses and her smile! What an amazing little one!

I know that you guys must struggle with these everyday challenges...but how wonderful is the payoff to see that?! One I've learned in my own life is we are truly never given anything more than we can handle(how empowering is that?) and that we are stronger when we can lean on our families and God.

Ok, that's two things, but I haven't had my morning caffeine so I'm going with that excuse! lol

I'm glad to hear you guys are feeling better, and I hope that ALL of you are feeling 100% very soon! Hope to keep in better touch with you both on here in the future. Love to you and Micah and the girls! Take care Beck!

Love, Jenn

doug&margarethe said...

love the videos! Em is so proud! fun. As you said before she hasn't gotten the memo she isn't fully well. Hope the GI specialist and peds Dr can come up with some more recommendations to help her eat. Both of you do a great job as parents! keep praying for you and Em..hugs to you all!
~Margarethe