John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Sunday, October 03, 2010

Emily's Dedication

Today is the day the Lord has made...and trust me, we rejoiced and were glad in it!!


Today, Emily Grace was dedicated to the Lord...again.  Why do I say again?  Because in so many ways, I feel like Emily has been dedicated to God since the day she was taken from my womb. We were forced to give her to God and His keeping and care long ago.  

So today felt like a party...a rejoicing over what God has accomplished in her life and what He will continue to do.  And today was a day for M and I to reconfirm our commitment to allow God to use her for whatever purposes He has deemed.  It's funny, ever since God gave her back to us, I have found it difficult not to hold on even tighter.  Laying her down before the Lord is an on-going commitment that I have done multiple times already and I am sure we will continue to do...over and over and over again.

 Her beautiful gown was made by my Aunt.  Honestly, it is amazing.  I know you can't see the intricate detail, but this was hand-crafted in love.  Thanks Aunt Lynn!!
Emily with our pastor.
We didn't get any pics of the four of us, so this will have to do.
I love this...praying for Em...is that her life story or what?
A couple of weeks ago, we also had my dad dedicate her...he choked up while he talked about her, but don't let him know I told you all.  Look at M and K...this will be one of my favorite pics for a long time.


She slept through this one though, thumb in mouth and all.

Hanging out at our house...waiting for those stinking lasagnas to cook!  :)

My cousin Kenny and his girlfriend Sarah made the trek from Long Beach.

My friend, Amity, from Bible study is starting a business this month of making hand and foot impressions and as a surprise, her family came over and took Emily's prints to make her one. You can see the one they made for their son on the table. Thanks guys! I'm excited to see it.


These are her kids...look at that beautiful hair! You look just like a princess G!


My uncle, his son, and my aunt.


My Grandpa, his wife (left) and his sister...so what, my great aunt??  They made the trek from Las Vegas. Check out Em's tongue!  Ha!  She really had the tongue going today.


M's aunt and uncle made the trip from Pasadena.  This is the couple we stayed with while Em was getting all her eye surgeries at the Huntington hospital.


I tried to get a pic of the kids at the church but it didn't really come out. Still humorous to see a row of kids.  It was fun to see all the family and friends who made it to the service as well!


Ok, one more in the dress...


What an amazing day and I just want to praise God that it came. And not just that it came, that it was truly a day of rejoicing. Emily is doing so well and it was fun to hear people be amazed at her. God is good! All the time...

1 comment:

Jill K said...

Wow! We are sure rejoicing with you all and this Precious Gift he's given you in EG!

And.... I LOVE the pic of the four of you praying together at her dedication. It's perfect.

Much love to you all... hope you got our note for Em's yearbook in time!?