John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)
‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’
Friday, May 07, 2010
Six Months
Em has been here for six months! I don't want to say much but I will say these have been the longest, hardest six months of my life. I have learned a lot about myself and others...some good, some bad. This journey is less like a steep uphill and more like a vertical ladder with wide steps and I think I must have a heavy backpack on. Nearly everything I have been asked to do is against my nature. And yet half a year later, here we stand. Emily is victorious. God is great and God is good...He who began a good work in us will bring it to completion. God is the hot air balloon attached to my backpack...always carrying the load for me even if I can't see him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Guys,
So great to keep up with your news- your sweet beautiful girls here. Marian prayed a sweet prayer for EG last night... we all love you and are praying for you all as you continue to journey with Emily for all that the Lord has planned for you.
We love you so much,
jill
Love your analogy of God being the hot-air balloon...He is GOOD.
April
I still weep for you and what you have been through. May you continue to rest in the Lord, knowing that He loves you and is in control, turning you from a piece of clay into a glorious vessel for His purposes.
Post a Comment