For those who don't know, my brother and sister-in-law adopted two boys from Ethiopia last year. Well, something they do is celebrate what they call "Family Day". By definition this is the day they became a family...in their case, the day they picked up the boys from the orphanage. Ever since all this happened (and it finally looked like we were going to bring Emily home someday), M and I have said that we were going to do the same thing. The day Emily comes home and we finally complete our family, we are going to have a huge celebration and every year, we are going to rejoice with God for his mercy and grace.
Anyway, that's not even the coolest part. IF she comes home tomorrow, our family day will be on the EXACT same day as my brother and sister-in-law's family day!! How cool is that? One year ago, they got their boys and one year later, we could get our girls. Even better? If it is Thursday, that will be their oldest son's birthday. What a great day of celebration! One thing is for sure...I'm not great at remembering birthdays, but I will always remember his! I guess it's a win-win.
4 comments:
Becky and family:
Jessica forwarded this link to us so we could follow the progress on your family. Merlin and I pray that your family will all be together soon and that the road ahead continues to climb.
Prayers and thoughts from North Dakota.
Merlin and Brenda Schill
Very cool!
Yes, it is good to celebrate all the Lord has done. We'll celebrate with you from here!!!
Still praying...God will see you through all this as a family. He knows and cares our every need and provides us with the best for us!
Waiting for the good news to celebrate!!!
very very cool!! I want us to have the SAME family day. That would be so fun. Hope to hear good, great and better news later today.
Looks like a REALLY, REALLY, REALLY great family day!!!! :) So happy for you!
Post a Comment