John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Christmas break

This Christmas we celebrated with both sides of the family, albeit briefly. My mother in law got Sammy in the festive spirit...



Then we traveled to Hearst Castle to do a night tour. This was our 3rd time visiting and we saw all new rooms this time around, plus it was at night, more of that later. This picture is of an Elephant seal. It was about 10 feet long, unfortunately the angle of this picture doesn't really do it justice. It was incredibly fat...



The outdoor pool of Hearst Castle...



Hearst's library (I am incredibly jealous and would love to build one like his some day...



Hearst's "office"...



The four brothers...



The whole family including unborn baby J E...



Together again...



What could it be???



Yeah, more baby clothes. I don't think it will fit Jamie...



Even B's brother and his wife came to visit for a day and a half...

1 comment:

Kari, RN said...

Fun new pictures! I can't believe there's still some of that old wrapping paper left!

I got to visit the Hearst castle a year ago, and thought it was just amazing. I bet the night tour was pretty interesting!

Happy New Year!