John Stuart Mill (Essay on Liberty)


‘The liberty of the individual must be thus far limited; he must not make himself a nuisance to other people.’

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Confused?!?


Get it? Blurry picture? Never mind.

Apparently there is a bit of confusion out there about what is going on with me and my job. Bottom line: I took a one year leave of absence from the school. No I did not quit teaching and no we are not trying to have children. I am technically still employed and so cannot sub in public schools, yet I do not receive a pay check.

Why? We decided that 6 months apart was going to be hard enough (even though I see him on weekends)...If I taught this year, we would guarantee one full year apart (the last 6 months not even in the same city). Since you all have a sense of our relationship and how close we are emotionally, you all know that neither of us would cope well in those circumstances.

What this all means is that if by some miracle of God, we end up back up here somewhere, I will have a guaranteed job next year in the same district that I work in now. If we don't, we will likely end up somewhere in the Bay or LA. I will look for jobs immediately since it is my understanding that in some areas, they are so in need of teachers it is possible to find a job mid-year. Either way, I will find one by the start of next year.

Right now I am trying to finish off a house that was left half done and get moved out by the end of next week. We have renters moving in and I have been working in the yard so our hill doesn't run off into our house, getting the heating taken care of, packing, and trying to keep us financially afloat. It is not so easy moving to one income from two (as many of you can atest). The funny part is that a lot of M's classmates think they are so rich and are buying new cars and the whole bit. Do you remember the days before marriage, a house mortgage, and for some of you kids? Money went a lot further then didn't it? They are still living with mommy and daddy and making that kind of money, so I guess that is what you do.

Speaking of living with mommy and daddy, next month I will move in with my parents until the end of November and then look for a place for us to live. Both sets of parents are going to help us move and both sets have their opinions as to where we should end up (recall that my parents and cousins are in the Bay and M's parents and brother are in LA). We don't have a clue where we will be, so thanks for not asking!

Hope that clears things up.

ON THE LIGHTER SIDE...


M and Sammy cuddling this weekend. What a cutie! Sammy that is...until M gets at least some of his hair back, he doesn't get that designation. Sorry Babe!

2 comments:

Jim and Marilyn said...

Sweet! Hmmmm, looks like M is preparing well for fatherhood! Happy packing, Bec, we hope that your week goes well for you.

Leppard said...

Hey, I loved your blurry shot. I had noticed through comments that others were confused as to what you were doing.