


I got a little nostalgic today, as I went thru some old pictures taken around here. The top 2 pictures are up in the Trinity wilderness about 1 hour west of Redding. We have done many hikes and camping trips out here. These particular pictures are on the Canyon Creek hike. This is a common hike to visit and during the summer can be busy. We prefer to go in the spring or fall when fewer people are out.The 3rd picture is of Mt. Shasta (14,162 ft.) taken from the southwest side. There is this cool little hike you can take up to this lake and near sunset get some awesome pictures of Mt. Shasta. If you looked directly behind you (south) while taking this picture, you can see Castle Craigs, which is an awesome rock climbing location.
The last picture is from the south side of Shasta Dam. You can mountain bike, run, hike along a trail that is a total of 20 miles round trip to this location. Along the trail, you go through an abandoned train tunnel, over creeks, and following the Sacramento river along the whole way up to the dam. Bec and I ran this trail in 2 hrs. 50 minutes back when we trained for our marathon in the Redwoods.
Ahhh, Redding, it is beautiful place. How can you not love it here?
2 comments:
These are great pictures! When I come out to live in CA for a few months as a traveling nurse, I want to be sure and spend some time in the northern part of the state and have you show me beautiful places like this! Just this weekend I saw something about Redwood National Park and I'd love to get there. I know it's still farther north from you, but it looks amazing!
How can anyone live THAT FAR from Disneyland!!! =)
Post a Comment